Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf with green bell bell peppers, onions and mushrooms topped and stuffed with Provolone Cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef 80/20 or 85/15
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces Provolone Cheese Slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, add the butter and the onions and bell peppers, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again. Let cool for five minutes.
- In a large bowl add the ground beef, ketchup,Worcestershire sauce, eggs, panko breadcrumbs and the cooled vegetable mixture.
- Add half the mixture to your loaf pan then add half of the cheese to the middle of the pan in a 2 inch wide section (I cut the slices into thirds for the right width).
Cover with the rest of the meat and form into a rounded top loaf shape. Cook for 40 minutes, then pull out of the oven, cover with remaining cheese and put back in. Cook for 15-20 minutes, then let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.