Serves 6 people
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Kinloch Plantation Pecan Oil
- 3/4 cups minced onions
- 2 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the pecan oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork to serve.